Wall-to-wall books - wendy's Reviews > Married 'til Monday

Married 'til Monday by Denise Hunter

This review is for the Audible version -

UGH! I hate doing this. Denise Hunter is one of my favorite "go to" authors. I have loved some of her previous books... But this one was just OK for me!

First, my thoughts on the book -
I didn't get as much of a feel for the characters in this book as I have before and the main character, Abby, was actually kind of annoying to me! I did like Ryan though. But I felt sorry for him that he had to put up with her. I would have given up on her a long time ago. I guess that makes him a better man than I LOL.
The book also seemed to drag a bit for me. It was an OK story, just not one of my favorites.

My thoughts on the narration -
Again, I hate to do this but I hated the reader's voice! It was like nails on a chalkboard to me. It was very whiny. Her voice never changed. She always made the characters sound the same, even Ryan sounded whiny. And I noticed in a couple spots she mispronounced words.

It always makes me wonder what I would have given the book if I had actually read it instead of listened to it. Abby may have been totally different for me.

This book got pretty good reviews, a few 3 star reviews. And I did notice that a couple other people did not like Abby! So, whew, I was not alone.

I got this book with my free credit from Audible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married 'til Monday.

January 29, 2016 – Started Reading