Kathrynn's Reviews > Out of Sight

Feb 12, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: series-tflac_adair, romance-suspense, 2008, own, hot, reviewed
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee

Book #5 in the T-FLAC series and I was glad this one finally came to an end. It wore me flat out! The story took AWHILE to get the characters set up and moving along. I had to resist the strong urge to put this book down and pick up something else to read.

I didn't care for Kane or AJ's character, and frankly, I could have done without the bickering.

The entire book is set in Egypt, i.e., sand & heat. I thought the book dragged in several places, scene transitions could have been smoother; I was jerked out of the story on more than one occasion. Some chapters ended abruptly then picked up in a whole new day. I'm sorry to say, but This Reader felt lost a time or two.

I laughed at all the ridiculous names Kane came up with trying to guess what "AJ" stood for. He would throw out a new name at the most unexpected times: Abbreviate Jabberer (she talked a lot), Agatha Jethro, Amy Jean, Angina, Anabelle, Antartica Joy, Allison Jumpup, Aphrodite Jacintha.

3 Stars from This Reader because I liked it, but not much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Sight.

Auntee Uh-oh, it's really hit and miss with those Wright brothers, huh? Are you going to keep going? Maybe you'll like "On Thin Ice" better--no sand this time--nothing but snow and ice! It takes place during the Iditarod (spelling?) which I found really interesting. It also introduces the hero for the next book (the title escapes me now), Hunt St.John.
Now I'm going to flip through "White Heat", and see if it was A.J. who was injured...

Kathrynn I am going to continue with the series. I liked it, but 3 stars. Maybe 3 1/2. I am enjoying the series. ;-)

What are you reading now?

I laughed at "the camel scene." !!!!!

message 3: by Kathrynn (last edited Mar 01, 2008 06:55PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kathrynn I'm looking forward to "On Thin Ice." I used to live in Alaska--Anchorage. Went to high school there. We had wonderful P.E.--skiing, ice skating, sled dogging... Loved to camp. Notice that is lovED to camp. ;-) Been there, done that. Now, my idea of camping is the Holiday Inn...

Thank you for helping me out with the suspense group.

Katie

Auntee Yeah, the 'camel scene' was something else! Where did she come up with that one, huh?

Sinced you lived in Alaska (lucky girl!) "On Thin Ice" should be right up your alley! I really enjoyed learning about sled dogging--and the romance wasn't bad, either!

If I can drag myself away from the internet, I'm going to start "Killer Secrets" by Lora Leigh tonight. Happy reading to you!

Cheryl