Melissa Mendoza's Reviews > Debt

Page Count: 350
Heat Level: 5 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5

The Debt Collector

I pay my debts, and I expect others to.

I was raised in the slums of London, I knew nothing of privilege. My father was murdered when I was seventeen. Morty figured my father's passing meant I would automatically take on dad's debts. I refused.

And I paid for that refusal.

So did my sister.

So now I fight. All I know how to do is fight. The best cash is in the states, so that's where I am now. A big fish called Vito came along offering me a "favor" when I arrived.

Another debt.

I paid for that one too.

I knew Kyla Hensley would be trouble when I met her. But I wanted her. I could see through the falsehood of her wannabe-slutty clothes and her sexy legs. So I chased her.

Besides, trouble is my middle name.

Kyla Hensley

I was brought up in privilege, but I lacked everything else. My father is a business tycoon who buys and sells and doesn't care who gets rolled over in the process.

I never knew my mother, and all I have of her is a photo with a note scrawled on the back in French saying "I'm sorry." The only Female Figure I had growing up is my dad's wife who is a bleach blond with seven boob jobs. We never bonded.

I drink. I party. I meet guys.

But I wasn't always like that.

I've had a string of lovers in the last few years, the worst and most recent of which was Vince Somerset. My best friend Vera was dating a guy called Rory Cansoom who is the opposite of Vince in so many ways, and yet so the same.

She and I hit the road for the summer, getting away from the two college psychos and just trying to have some fun.

But there's a funny thing about trouble, the more you run from it, the more it finds you.

Which is when I met the Debt Collector.

It was only supposed to be sex. He made that clear. I made that clear.

That's all it was supposed to be.

I never expected to fall in love. I never expected to fall so deeply, madly, uncomfortably in love with a man who is wrong, so wrong for me.

And unbelievably right

“I care for her. I do. I always have, and I always will. But she’s the easy out for her as well. She needs to realize this.”

5 sexy stars!!

I was sucked into this book from page one! Kyla was a great character and I loved how much she grew as I read. She had a tragic past and she was able to overcome the crap and move forward. The Debt Collector is sexy as sin and the ultimate Alpha male!! I mean how can you not love him, he just oozes out of the pages of your kindle!! This book is definitely worth the read!!!

Alpha Book Club
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review. Reviewed by Melissa from Alpha Book Club
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Debt.

January 28, 2016 – Started Reading