Edit~A's Reviews > The Vampire Games

The Vampire Games by Stephanie Archer

Jan 28, 2016

bookshelves: the-scrabble-2016-march-challenge, arcs

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free for an honest review. Thanks to NetGalley and Stephanie Archer.)

I loved this book so much. I really did. At first I was having a doubts, before I read it, I was like, ok Vampires and Games, it's going to be like Hunger Games, but it was totally different story, well accept that the last survival wins. But still the games were not what I expected, and I actually expected her to be more love sick, because of the brief, but she was totally cool and the best thing that I loved and hated at the same time, it was that the vulnerable one was my Phillip.

“What was that first place you took me, anyway? It’s not connected to my rooms in your apartment. So why does a prince have some hidden cave bedroom thing?” I asked. “Is that your dungeon?”
He paused to glance around a stall, as though making sure that nobody could see us. “It’s not a dungeon.”
“Dungeon, prison, whatever word you want to use for it.”
“It’s a safe haven. It’s where I put the precious things.”

I loved his character so much. I was like you are so cool, he was totally mental with her, she came always first, eve though the thing that I expected to happen didn't happen. I was mad at author for making him so weak when it came to her, well he wasn't weak, it was just he laid his heart out, and she even though felt the same had doubts...

“I have never feared anything in my life,” Phillip said. His finger skimmed along my throat again. I shivered. “Not until I met you.”

But I loved Bianca's character as well. It's just we rarely meat characters like Phillip. I can't tell what I mean by saying he is different, cause he is handsome, cool and all, but I just can't describe his inner character. He was one of book boyfriends but more. You have to read this to get it.

“Breathe,” he whispered again.
“How am I supposed to breathe when you’ve taken my breath away?”
I replied.

I didn't get why she did what she did at the end. How could she choose the ones who betrayed her, didn't fight for her, when someone was out there, giving her his everything, and more, putting himself in the worst position, and never minded her harshness and redness toward him. I just don't get it.

“You can choose to be with me.” His Adam’s apple bobbed as he swallowed. “Choose me, Bianka. Choose to be Created. Stay with me.”
“You don’t have to agree with me,”
he said, voice tight with emotion. “You don’t have to feel like I do, either. But I think if you give me a chance…you could learn to love me as I love you, Bianka.”

Well everyone should check this book out, and I can't wait to read the second book. The cliffhanger though.... Why authors do that to us!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire Games.

January 28, 2016 – Shelved