Camila Vilela De Holanda's Reviews > The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Last November I went to a club to see one of my best friends playing that night. After some beers, I obviously needed to put my lipstick back on and went to the bathroom. There I saw written on the back door a quote that made me shiver and quietly try to figure it out before googling it: 'We accept the love we think we deserve'. I was just healing back them from an awful break up and pretty traumatized by the whole thing. Anyway, I went back to the beers and decided to let go, but could not erase the quote from my brain. About a month ago I decided it was time to give the book a shot. And, like Doris Lessing used to say, books have this special way to find you when you need them the most. It arrived last Wednesday and I just devoured it. I'm not sure my review will be a good one, since all I can say without spoiling the whole thing is that whenever I think about 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower' I'm amazed at how much Chbosky can be so subtle, nostalgic, soft, poetic and delicate to talk about such transformations and coping with our own selves. Sometimes we really do feel infinite without understanding much about anything but the ability to feel the moment, take action and making the decision to be a better and lighter person despite our circumstances. Thanks, Stephen.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

January 27, 2016 – Started Reading