Lit Coven's Reviews > Ink and Bone

Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine

liked it
bookshelves: series, 2016-read, main-reads

In a world where books are seen as contraband, and a corrupt library runs the world--Knowledge is a privilege given to select few. The world and concept are really unique, which left us intrigued to start a series unlike anything we’re ever read together. As a whole, we had mixed reviews: Some felt the story and its intense drag them right in, while others really struggled with getting through the book. We saw many similarities between the book and our political structures today in the way that the library is depicted holding all the power. We are essentially only provided with pre-approved information communicating whatever they see fit. In a world where knowledge, books, and access to information is very important, the story sends us message that the books we read shape us into who we will become. ((A few of our witches caught themselves reminiscing of the Hogwarts Express--maybe you will too!!))

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ink and Bone.

Quotes Lit Coven Liked

Rachel Caine
“Always remember the words of Descartes: The reading of all good books is like conversion with the finest men of the past centuries.”

Rachel Caine
“You have ink in your blood, boy, and no help for it. Books will never be just a business to you.”

Rachel Caine
“There are three parts to learning: information, knowledge and wisdom, A mere accumulation of information is not knowledge, and a treasure of knowledge is not in itself, wisdom.”

Rachel Caine
“I must acquire my own information, build my own knowledge, and, through experience, transform it to the treasured gold of wisdom.”

Rachel Caine
“The first purpose of a librarian is to preserve and defend our books. Sometimes, that means dying for them - or making someone else die for them. Tota est scientia.”

Rachel Caine
“Lives are short, but knowledge is eternal.”

Rachel Caine
“When you steal a book, you steal from the world." the Library propaganda said”

Rachel Caine
“Vita hominis plus libro valet! A life is worth more than a book.”

Rachel Caine
“Books and men left the same traces where they burned. The”

January 26, 2016 – Shelved