Jess's Reviews > A Problematic Love

A Problematic Love by Rebecca Rohman

U 50x66

Read 2 times

Megan and Daemon have an interesting first meeting. This initial introduction starts a chain reaction that changes both of their lives forever. The story certainly proves that secrets don't stay buried. The two protagonists are actually very similar in their personalities. Each of them have been living for someone else. They have forgotten to live their lives for themselves. So it is high time that they do something that is just for them. However their love is forbidden. Guilt and outside pressure force them to keep their distance. But it isn't just Megan's family that have issues with her relationship. Dark and sinister forces are lurking about and trying to tear Daemon and Megan apart.

Throughout the story, Daemon suffers a great deal of loss. I swear, the poor guy can't catch a break! But as the story progresses, his luck finally turns for the better. It is most definitely a journey of self-discovery not just for Daemon but for Megan too. After the loss of her fiance, she needs to find herself once more. To not only be Megan the lawyer or Megan the mother but Megan the woman.

There are a few times where I was like this:
description

It just goes to prove how invested you become in the story. How much you feel for the characters and their situation. But fret not. There are plenty of giggles and hot-under-the-collar moments too. Daemon is a little bit kinky ;)

*"Kneel on the bed at the foot, facing the headboard, with your thighs apart, and hold on to the posts. I have a present for you."

"What are you going to give me?"

"You said you're open to experimenting, right?"*

Ooo, I wonder what he has planned ;)

description

Zach, Megan's son is utterly adorable. And I love seeing characters from the other books by Rebecca Rohman. You don't necessarily have to read the others but I highly recommend that you do. The experience will be all the more richer and each one of those books is a delight for the senses.

Ms Rohman's writing is sophisticated, elegant, witty and a little bit cheeky. Each and every time, her stories take you on a ride of emotions. The writing grips your imagination and touches your soul. Each twist and turn causes your heart to skip a beat and the intimate moments leave you breathless. So much love and care has gone into the story that it flows so effortlessly. You are swept away by the words and cocooned within the story. Ms. Rohman takes hard hitting issues and weaves a tale around it in such a beautiful and sensitive way. She brings to light the darker aspects of life while also showing the good things that also exist in this world. Like family, love and acceptance. This is another fantastic story. Just remember the tissues! Ms Rohman's novels get better and better each time. I can hardly wait for her next work.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Problematic Love.

Finished Reading
Finished Reading (Kindle Edition)
November 14, 2015 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)
November 14, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Kindle Edition)
January 26, 2016 – Shelved
November 21, 2016 – Shelved (Kindle Edition)

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Rohman Thank you Jess. Reviews like this bring a wonderful smile to my face. I love writing, but reviews like yours encourage me even further.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts.

Wishing you only the best.

Rebecca

Jess It is an absolutely pleasure to share my thoughts. Reviews are one way to show appreciation for authors. Like giving them a virtual hug :)