Kahea's Reviews > Hardest Fall

Hardest Fall by Juliette Cross

4195039
***5 Stars***

When it was announced that the next book in the series was going to be Bones and Xander, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it….Well, truth, I get all kinds of excited whenever this author announces releasing more words into the world, so *sheepish grin8 But, regardless, I couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen next and I wasn’t disappointed. It had it all for me: humor, smexyness, heart and a whole slew of characters I adore.

I loved Bones from the first time I met her in Darkest Heart and I grew to adore her as the book progressed. She’s all kinds of badass, she is a demoness afterall, but despite what she believes she has a golden heart that shines through all the dark layers she’s wrapped around it. Xander is charming, cocky and all kinds of alpha AF. He’s also...haunted by his past, which makes him that much more lethal, not only as a hunter, but as a protector of those he loves.

Xander and Bones’ journey to their HEA was a lot of fun. The opposites attract thing was in full force and that only ratched up the smexy simmering between them. I loved their bantering and how they saw each other clearer than they saw themselves and loved what they saw.

This is a great addition to the world that The Dominion series is apart of. The twists and turns were done well and kept me turning the pages to what would happen next. But, as always, much of my enjoyment comes from the supporting cast of characters and I definitely enjoyed hanging out with this crew. Dommiel, was as always entertaining, and I cannot wait to get my hands on Uriel’s book to get to know him better, but Axel, Gustav and Wolfrick are still my ultimate favs, though Maddie stole my heart. So, now to wait patiently (or not so patiently) for the next book and to see what will happen next!

~ Copy provided by the author/publisher & voluntarily reviewed ~

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hardest Fall.

January 26, 2016 – Shelved
February 18, 2019 – Shelved as: phone-app-worthy
February 18, 2019 – Shelved as: paranormal-urban-fantasy
February 18, 2019 – Shelved as: reviewed
February 18, 2019 – Shelved as: romance

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat Valentine Excellent review Kahea!😉💖

Kahea Kat wrote: "Excellent review Kahea!😉💖"

Thanks Kat! :D

Carvanz What an awesome review Kahea! I actually hated to see this book end even thought I know we're going to get more in this world.

Kahea Carvanz wrote: "What an awesome review Kahea! I actually hated to see this book end even thought I know we're going to get more in this world."

Thank you Carvanz :) And I agree, I'm always in the same boat with her words, where I get a little testy when there are no more to read even though I know more are coming...eventually ;D

Carvanz Kahea wrote: "Carvanz wrote: "What an awesome review Kahea! I actually hated to see this book end even thought I know we're going to get more in this world."

Thank you Carvanz :) And I agree, I'm always in the ..."

I've become that greedy reader who demands more as soon as I close the newest release on the day it is released. Lol!