Angie Elle's Reviews > Happily Bedded Bliss

Happily Bedded Bliss by Tracy Anne Warren

liked it

Thank you to Signet for providing a print copy of this book in exchange for a review.

After finishing the first book in this series, I was so excited to read Happily Bedded Bliss. Unfortunately, this one didn’t live up to its predecessor. The first thing that that struck me was how many secondary characters there were. A bit of research indicated that most of these people had books of their own that were part of another series, and I do think if I’d read that series I’d have been able to keep them straight here. But as it was, it was very confusing. It also felt like it took a while for the story to get going.

The premise is very fun – a young lady forced to marry a handsome stranger simply for possessing a naked drawing of him when they’d never met. He, in fact, wasn’t even aware she existed. There were parts I liked – when Gabriel forgot himself, it was almost as if he saw Esme as a chance to atone for the wrongs he felt he’d committed (thought I think they were more perceived wrongs than actual ones,) and at those times he was very kind and considerate. But it seemed that whenever he started to think, Gabriel got trapped in his own head and couldn’t find his way out. His past was sad and I felt for him, but I felt like just a little more of a push and he could’ve made it over the hurdle. He just couldn’t bring himself to try. Esme was an OK heroine – there was nothing particularly remarkable about her. But she was a kind person and tried to be there for Gabriel even when he wasn’t being very nice to her. It was at the end when Esme chose to be dishonest with Gabriel and withhold information from him that I found I couldn’t like her anymore.

I did have a hard time with this story – it just didn’t seem very solid plot-wise, and things seemed to fall apart at the end without being put back together in a satisfactory manner. While this one was a miss for me, I do enjoy this author’s style of writing and will be sure to read the next in the series.

This review was originally posted at Badass Book Reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happily Bedded Bliss.

January 26, 2016 – Shelved
January 26, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
February 26, 2016 – Started Reading
February 26, 2016 –
page 0
0.0% "I've been so excited to read this one since I read the first one of the series and fell in love!"
February 27, 2016 –
page 248
page 278
page 290
February 29, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

☕️Kimberly  LOL, I fixed it. Made me crazy too!

Angie Elle Thank you, Kimberly! OCDers unite! ;)