Carrie's Reviews > All the Missing Girls

All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda

bookshelves: netgalley

Ten years ago Nicolette Farrell left Cooley Ridge after the investigation into her best friend's disappearance came to a halt. Nic and her friends had gone to the fair and after that night Corinne had disappeared without a trace and since she was eighteen it had been chalked up to leaving town on her own.

Nic wanted nothing more to get away and make something of her life after that night. She packed up and took off for college putting herself through school. Now she's engaged to a wonderful man that comes from a wealthy family but needs to return to Cooley Ridge to help sell the family home after her father's health had gotten worse. But now after returning another girl has gone missing and another investigation begun bringing the past back to haunt this small town.

All the Missing Girls is a gripping thriller done a bit differently from the normal read. The story is told giving the reader the initial glimpse of what is going on, then going ahead fifteen days after Nic's return to Cooley Ridge then counts backward from there giving the events of each day. After that it picks up back at the end of the fifteen days again. Now as much as this sounds confusing it really wasn't in the least and had me completely hooked from the beginning. Each day that you go back more and more detail is given into the characters and story, wonderful job by the author with this format.

I think the thing I liked most with this book was the fact you really have two mysteries to solve at once. The stories of the current disappearance and the one from ten years before are interwoven in the events as the days count back. With flashbacks from the past mixed with the current as we go back through events the suspect list grows taking twists and turns all the way to keep the reader on the edge of their seat until the very end.

Overall, twists and turns galore in the awesome page turner of a thriller, definitely one that I'd recommend checking out.

I received a copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the Missing Girls.

January 26, 2016 – Shelved
January 26, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 26, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley
June 6, 2016 – Started Reading
June 7, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Dorie  - Cats&Books :) this is coming up soon on my list, will be watching for your review. I really like the cover also

Carrie Just finished this one but it's getting late so I'll be writing my actual review tomorrow but wow, loved it. :)

Beth I really liked the backwards way it was written:)

Carrie I was more than a little worried it would end up confusing but it worked so well, definitely a pleasant surprise. :)

Nicki Excellent review Carrie,i loved the way that this book was written,it was so unique.Loved this book,one of my fave reads of this year so far

Carrie Thanks Nicki! I hoped I didn't scare anyone off with my explanation of how it's set up since it does sound rather confusing but she did it so wonderfully that it just flowed naturally while reading it. :)

Petra Great review, Carrie. It was definitely one of those mysteries you just wanted to keep on reading.

Carrie Thanks Petra! Glad you enjoyed it too. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I loved this book! I love seeing all of the 5 stars! It deserves all the stars. lol

Carrie Glad you enjoyed it Melissa! Such a great one, couldn't put it down. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Thank you Carrie! I know, I had to read it all in one day! I still can't believe how awesome it is :-)

Carrie I just hope I didn't scare anyone off trying to explain the format for this one, it worried me a bit thinking how is this going to be done but in the end it flows so well. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I don't think you did. I was worried when I figured out what was going on that I wouldn't understand it or find it confusing BUT that wasn't so. Holy crow, everything just fit like puzzle pieces :-)

Carrie And managed to give you just enough to keep you interested and keep you guessing until it was time for a reader to figure it out. I love that, when it's understandable but I still don't actually figure out the ending ahead of time. My biggest complaints with thrillers are either they are obvious or impossible to solve.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Yes and of course this one had you thinking of several people and then you find out and it's like, WOW! :-)

Carrie Haha yes, I liked the ending on this one, quite creative and makes perfect sense with what we'd read to get there. :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I know right. And uh... I was rooting for the ending. Crazy right :-)

Carrie Haha I never want to say too much about an ending but yeah, I get you rooting for it.