Isamlq's Reviews > The Gorgon in the Gully

The Gorgon in the Gully by Melina Marchetta

Mar 06, 2011

Read from April 12 to 13, 2011

Exactly what has Melina Marchetta’s books reduced me to endure? The greatest time suck otherwise known as philpost. Almost a month ago, some awesome people decided to put The Gorgon in the Gully on tour. Being the Melina Marchetta fan that I am, I did not hesitate to sign up: First up, Carmel Fauth sourcing it out (awesome lady…*woot*) Then Catie (another awesome lady for taking charge.) Then ME!!!! Yay! But one week, two weeks, three weeks later with the book nowhere in sight, I was starting to feel guilty for joining: I had unwittingly frustrated the hopes of fellow Marchetta fans by the hold up. What’s worse, I was getting impatient (understatement of the year!) Now, imagine my DELIGHT when this was delivered:

Photobucket (YAY!)

The Gorgon in the Gully was a sweet read. It felt good reading about Jonah again. And I suppose this sentiment has been said time and time again, but I must needs repeat it: Melina Marchetta can do no wrong! The story is simple. I couldn’t help but smile. So simple in fact that it can be described in just a couple of words: friends and growing up. And being afraid. Danny Griggs has tons of things he’s afraid of. What’s heartwarming about it is what he does they all do about those.

Photobucket

(Me + Anything by Marchetta = One Happy Isa)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gorgon in the Gully.

04/12/2011 "After almost three weeks IT'S HERE!!!" 1 comment

Alexa Jealous! Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Carmel Aww Isamlq, that is such a sweet comment & review, we are so lucky to have such a wonderful author who we can call Australian!!