Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers's Reviews > Indefinite

Indefinite by Corinne Michaels

20126898

4.5 Hearts

Indefinite is the sixth book in the Salvation series by Corinne Michaels. It is also the first book in the Indefinite duet. You can totally read this duet without reading the Salvation series. I would recommend it though since it’s amazing. That was where I first met Quinn and Ashton as the couple in limbo. I was excited when I found out that they were getting their own story. I actually didn’t even read the synopsis so I went in blind with only knowing who the couple was. I will make this fast since the blurb explains so much.

Three years. Three years Ashton has loved Quinn. Her in New York. Him in Virginia Beach. Her life was New York and His was around the world as a Navy SEAL. She wanted a life together. A marriage. Kids. A home. And he couldn’t give it to her until he was done with the Navy. She thought he was finished. That was until he re-enlisted for one more year without talking to her first. She was done. She couldn’t wait for him. He said it was only one more year but what about after that? He didn’t know so she walked away.

Six months later and Quinn was back. Ashton was determined to not let him in again. After three years of back and forth she couldn’t do it again. She was ready for a baby. Without a man. She made that decision before he showed up and it was her decision after he did. She needed to move on from Quinn but he had different plans. He wasn’t going anywhere. His life had changed on his mission and his new mission was to get her back. For good. What he didn’t expect was to get her pregnant. Will he be able to show her that this time around is different? Will he breakdown her walls? Will he open up about his feelings? The ones he has been hiding for years.

This story definitely an emotional ride. I knew it would be from the beginning but damn. I liked that Ashton isn’t a pushover but at the same time I wanted to slap some sense into her. Shake her and be like...just listen. Quinn too. He admits he doesn’t know what he is doing but he was trying. It was sweet in his own alpha way. I felt for both of them. He needed to earn her trust. And she needed to listen. Really look at him and listen.

Overall...it was so Quinn and Ashton. The stubborn asses. They still have big things to figure out so I am glad there is a second book releasing soon. Next month soon. Whew.

Quotes:

“Well, thank you, but you can release me now.” Quinn’s hand tightens slightly, pulling me even closer to his body.
“I should, but I don’t want to.”
“You’ve done it often enough that you should be a pro by now.”
He sighs. “Maybe I’ve learned my lesson.”

“You okay?” I jump at the sound of Quinn’s voice.
“Jesus!”
“Usually, you would call me God.”

He clears his throat and fake cries. “My little boy is growing up.”
“Fuck off.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Indefinite.

January 25, 2016 – Shelved