⚔ Sh3lly - Cranky Crone of Rabid Hedgehogs and Fire Breathing Kittens ⚔ 's Reviews > Shift Just Got Real

Shift Just Got Real by Ruby Dixon

Ummm...

This one didn't work for me. The descriptions of Mal didn't turn me on. I love that he was the "older" man (almost 40). He was supposed to not be conventionally attractive (no problem with that).

Ryann was 20. I don't have an issue with older man/younger woman stories (or vice versa), but the "Daddy" play kind of squicked me out.

Then we got the typical drama from the people in their lives... her Aunt threatened to fire her if she stayed with him. It annoyed me.

And she's a virgin, which is fine, of course. She's 20. But he is supposed to have a MASSIVE penis that even scared a prostitute away. Yet, they have sex and... it doesn't hurt her. Seriously? She had "sex toys" she used, but STILL.

Anyway, their story didn't work for me. Mal was an awesome guy, so sweet, and protective. But I was very meh about this one. :(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shift Just Got Real.

Aisling Zena Fab review Sh3lly! Sorry it didn't work for you. Hope your next one is better. :)

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) Wait. Ancient 40-year-old + 20-year-old virgin? Oh dear.

⚔ Sh3lly - Cranky Crone of Rabid Hedgehogs and Fire Breathing Kittens ⚔ ✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) wrote: "Wait. Ancient 40-year-old + 20-year-old virgin? Oh dear."

That didn't bother me so much, but then it was "Oh Daddy, I've been a bad girl, punish me," and my sexy meter broke. :(

⚔ Sh3lly - Cranky Crone of Rabid Hedgehogs and Fire Breathing Kittens ⚔ Aisling Zena wrote: "Fab review Sh3lly! Sorry it didn't work for you. Hope your next one is better. :)"

Thanks! So far, book 1 has been my favorite. I think there is one left in the series. I hope it's good.

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) Sh3lly of the Manic Fever Horde of Doom and Destruction wrote: "✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans) wrote: "Wait. Ancient 40-year-old + 20-year-old virgin? Oh dear."

That didn't bother me so much, but then it was "Oh Daddy, I've bee..."

I repeat: Oh dear. It's even worse than I thought, hahaha.

⚔ Sh3lly - Cranky Crone of Rabid Hedgehogs and Fire Breathing Kittens ⚔ Yeah, this one did not work for me. *shiver* No "Daddy" play for me, thanks.

Chantal ❤️ Yes I totally agree with you on this book. Wow toys really and she is on injections to keep regular? I call bullshit. Young girl everywhere should be aware that these injection can lead to major blood cloths and even death in young teen. Which is why they don't recommend them before your mid 20 or even after your first child if ever. It's vey unsafe and its side effects are no joke.