L A i N E Y's Reviews > A Darker Shade of Magic

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab

Words... I need to find words...

OK, I'm trying to write review for this *fantastic* book again...

I loved this.
Immensely.

Best opening chapter  that I could recall reading which includes Kell's JACKET. That thing deserved a mention since it was truly a piece of art in and of itself.

Glorious world: imaginative, expansive yet still 'contained' and that was a splendid thing.

There's a sort of calmness in her writing style that I just absolutely adored. I don't think I can put it into words why, only to express how much I love reading the story she crafted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Darker Shade of Magic.

Quotes L A i N E Y Liked

V.E. Schwab
“You know so little of war. Battles may be fought from the outside in, but wars are won from the inside out.”
V.E. Schwab, A Darker Shade of Magic

Victoria Schwab
“He would see her again. He knew he would. Magic bent the world. Pulled it into shape. There were fixed points. Most of the time they were places. But sometimes, rarely, they were people. For someone who never stood still, Lila felt like a pin in Kell's world. One he was sure to snag on.”
Victoria Schwab, A Darker Shade of Magic

V.E. Schwab
“Lila Bard lived by a simple rule: if a thing was worth having, it was worth taking.”
V.E. Schwab, A Darker Shade of Magic

January 24, 2016 – Shelved
January 27, 2016 – Started Reading
January 27, 2016 –
20.0% "So well written and intriguing. Excellent opening chapter"
January 30, 2016 –
50.0% "At times I feel Lila sounds too sophisticated in her speech, seeing as she's not educated and basically lives on the street.. Still, story-wise, makes me want to keep reading"
January 30, 2016 –
80.0% "All of sudden it stalled in the middle"
August 5, 2016 –
84.0% "What have you done Kell? What.Have.You.Done?! O___o"
August 5, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Let me help you out: THERE ISN'T ANY! This book left me speechless as well. You need to read A Gathering of Shadows. So good i want to cry.

L A i N E Y Kainat Ijaz wrote: "Let me help you out: THERE ISN'T ANY! This book left me speechless as well. You need to read A Gathering of Shadows. So good i want to cry."

Tell me about it!! I'm reading it and omg I'm afraid to finish it!

message 3: by Aso (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aso Kell's jacket tho.

L A i N E Y Aso wrote: "Kell's jacket tho."

Yep *nodding*, Kell's jacket. Yep, yep :D

Philip I'd pay a fortune for that dang jacket. Great review.

L A i N E Y I really would consider making a deal with the devil if I can get my hands on that Phillip! Think of the possibilities!! Gimme gimme !

edge of bubble lovely review hun =)

message 8: by Alafiya (new)

Alafiya I should start these books

L A i N E Y edge of bubble wrote: "lovely review hun =)"

Thanks you lovely (wench) !
I see you added this, when are you going to start??!

message 10: by Frankie Lovely (last edited Feb 04, 2017 07:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Frankie Lovely Love this series! 16 1/2 DAYS!!!!

Joanna (joreadsalot) Just bought this book last night. So excited.

L A i N E Y Alafiya wrote: "I should start these books"

Yes yes you should! What are you waiting for then Fiya?! ^_^

edge of bubble soon. this one will be my next audiobook.

L A i N E Y @wench - ahh i've heard people love the audio for this, I hope you'll enjoy. And pls come back and fangirl together! (If you like it that is ;) but no pressure ...

LOL!

L A i N E Y Frankie Lovely wrote: "Love this series! 16 1/2 DAYS!!!!"

Frankie pls don't remind me!! I'm excited of course BUT i don't think i'll be able to get it that fast, and i'm afraid of getting spoiled in updates status!! And i don't know what to dooo

Frankie Lovely oh! lainey wrote: "Frankie Lovely wrote: "Love this series! 16 1/2 DAYS!!!!"

Omg that is terrifying! I preordered it but I preordered the hardcover so there will be a few shipping days in there between release and me getting it. I am always worried about spoilers! pretty much avoid looking at any posts related to an anticipated read when scrolling the feed. (like Caraval ... I just keep my eyes skipping right past any Caraval posts right now). Well I can promise that I will NOT spoil you Lainey :)

L A i N E Y Hahahha thanks frankie you are your lovely self <3

L A i N E Y Joanna (joreadsalot) wrote: "Just bought this book last night. So excited."

Woww so enviouss haha :)
You're in for a fun time! (I hope anyway) ^_^

Frankie Lovely oh! lainey wrote: "Hahahha thanks frankie you are your lovely self <3
Oh you preordered, i don't have that option tho (where i live). But I'm normally fine with that but This series happened and I'm annoyed by it!"

Oh I'm sorry Lainey :(
Yeah I never used to preorder stuff but this past year I went preorder crazy!

L A i N E Y I'd be the same Frankie!
I made it sound like i'm in a middle of nowhere lol! It's just that demand for English novels are not that high for the stores to do preorder here. :)

Tammie I loved Kell's coat too.

L A i N E Y Tammie wrote: "I loved Kell's coat too."

A true work of art ;P

Aj the Ravenous Reader Wow! This makes me even more excited to read this! I just got my paperback a few weeks ago.

L A i N E Y Aj the Ravenous Reader wrote: "Wow! This makes me even more excited to read this! I just got my paperback a few weeks ago."

I'm so excited for you AJ!! I really hope you like this as much as I did ^^

edge of bubble agree with you on the opening chapter! but the rest was underwhelming *don't hit me pwease*

L A i N E Y edge of bubble wrote: "agree with you on the opening chapter! but the rest was underwhelming *don't hit me pwease*"

Oh come ooooonnnn! I'm not prone to violence kinda girl! :P so we're good Wench don't worry <3

And YESSS to the glorious first chapter ^__^