Steffy's Reviews > The Secret to Letting Go

The Secret to Letting Go by Katherine Fleet

bookshelves: favorites

I received this book for free from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Wow I am not really sure of what to say about this book. I didn’t expect much and I was so wrong. This book was full of raw emotions which made my heart ache more than once. The story was beautifully written and it successfully managed to convey all the emotions it wanted you to experience. I felt pain, love, betrayal and above all sadness. Sadness for these two main characters who were broken in different way. For Clover who, due to traumatic experiences needed to be saved in so many ways, in ways she didn’t even know and Daniel…Brave, honest lovely Daniel who would do anything to save her to redeem himself from his past.
The alternate point of view was really well done and you could help but identify with Daniel and Clover. They are so different but in need of healing and without realizing it they find solace in each other.
The story is very well paced and it was a real page turner which kept me awake (mostly with teary eyes and achy heart) until the wee hours of the day. The writing is beautiful and the flow’s close to perfect.
It is a standalone book and even if you wish you could have continued the road with Daniel and Clover the conclusion is satisfying and is enough to give you closure.
In conclusion: This book is a MUST READ for any fan of YA contemporary romance. It has all the right things to make you fall in love.
5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret to Letting Go.

January 24, 2016 – Started Reading