Stephen Heverin's Reviews > Super Baby Food: Absolutely Everything You Should Know about Feeding Your Baby and Toddler from Starting Solid Foods to Age Three Years

Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron

Mar 05, 2011

it was ok
Read from December 29, 2011 to April 17, 2012

I have held off a while in writing the review to take some time to think about it and figure out how I was going to write this review and what I was going to rate it. I am conflicted because there is some really good content in this book, but there are two big issues with the book that really detract from the good content that it has.

The first issue is that throughout the book the author takes condescending attitude towards the reader, in talking down and essentially dictating how certain foods, practices, etc.. are 'evil'. She also presents anecdotal observations as fact or as proof that her food and system are the source of healthy system.

The other issue I have with the book is the significant amount of repetitive information throughout the book and its organization. This makes it very hard to get through the book when you keep coming across the same information or statements throughout. I don't know if this is to make a large tome to help justify buying it or seeming that there is a lot more information in the book than actually is. The third part of the book which has a lot of ideas around making parties for kids, fun food presentation and such it really suffers from just cramming a lot of information on the page without an eye towards clean layout and organization and readability.

I think this book would be better served with some significant editing. There is some really good information on when to start presenting kids foods at the right age, how to prepare it, how to store it. There are also some really good ideas on recipes for toddlers, but it could be thinned to about a third of its size and a much better and easy to read book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Super Baby Food.

12/29/2011 page 41