Shannon's Reviews > Blacklisted

Blacklisted by Gena Showalter

Mar 05, 2011

bookshelves: reviews, home-library-read

Okay, so I thought this book was the first in Gena Showalter's Alien Huntress series, but I guess not... I read this book first (I haven't gotten to Red Handed yet). Either way, I didn't find anything off about the storytelling -- no places where I didn't understand something.

Anyway, after reading OH MY GOTH, I was not expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did -- I'm surprised that I even gave Gena Showalter another try, thinking back on it. But I'm glad I did. It was such a step up in writing and characterization to me. I'm a little sad that I've read on other reviews that this is apparently the last book...? I definitely wouldn't mind reading more if Gena is willing to write it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blacklisted.

09/14 marked as: read

Brittany (Nice Girls Read Books) LOL OMG I did exactly the same thing a few years ago. I read this one without reading the first. I remember it being good, so I went to re-read the series again, only picking up Redhanded last night and I was like 'hmmm I thought this one had two girls going to a nightclub near the beginning' :P Duh. Figured out that it was Blacklisted I had read, not Redhanded, but oh well. Haha!

Shannon Haha! What are the odds? I still don't know how I missed the first book, since I think I bought it in the bookstore and they are typically pretty good about putting the books in order on the shelves. I'm going to have to get to Redhanded one of these days. I still kind of wish Gena would continue the series. I didn't see it ending after Blacklisted. :/