Melissa (YA Book Shelf)'s Reviews > Lost Girls

Lost Girls by Merrie Destefano

Once I started Lost Girls, I read two-thirds of it in a single sitting. (And I read the remainder in another single sitting.) I just couldn't turn away from the characters, the gorgeous writing, and dark, insidious mystery at the heart of the novel.

If you like the ballet, especially Swan Lake, then you'll love this retelling, which has been pitched as Black Swan meets Fight Club. Can't wait for everyone else to have a chance to read this incredible book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lost Girls.

January 20, 2016 – Started Reading
January 23, 2016 – Shelved
January 23, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Holly Melissa, I'm so excited about this one!! It sounds FANTASTIC and OMG YES I LOVE BALLET. When is publication expected? Thanks!!

Melissa (YA Book Shelf) Yay! I'm happy to hear it, Holly! It isn't out until Winter 2017. I was developing some early marketing points for it, so I thought that I'd read the first chapter or two to get a sense of it, but I couldn't put it down! I will say that the main character is a ballet dancer, but most of the action takes place outside of the dance studio.

Holly It sounds fantastic :-) I'll be looking out for it in about a year (ack!). (Or sooner, if I can get my hands on an ARC ;-)) Thanks for responding!

Melissa (YA Book Shelf) My pleasure, Holly! I hope you love it whether in a year or sooner. :)

Rachel Marks Yes! This is one awesome book!!!

Melissa (YA Book Shelf) It was, Rachel! (And I haven't even read the final edited version.) Can't wait!