Emma G's Reviews > My Darling, My Hamburger

My Darling, My Hamburger by Paul Zindel

Mar 05, 2011

it was ok

Love Bermuda Triangle
"What did your teacher say? I mean, for getting a guy who wants to go all the way off your case?" asks Liz. "Well, she said suggesting to go buy a hamburger."I replyed. Have you ever experienced true love? Have you ever had your heart broken to the point of no return? Liz and Maggie, Dennis and Sean. Two pairs of friends in a year they'll never forget- full of romance, betrayal, and hamburgers.
Liz really likes Sean. Sean's friend Dennis wants to go out with Maggie. They each go out on dates and this sparks a fire of love for each of them. But when Sean wants to go all the way with Liz, she refuses and they break up for good. This destroys slowly coming along Maggie and Dennis's love because thier friends don't want to see each other again. Then tables turn when the most shocking event comes up. The girls rush to the hospital insted of the prom, and even though Sean and Liz are permanently broken, Dennis and Maggie leave high school with something more.
Paul Zindel has done it again. Suspenseful and a page turner, My Darling my Hamburger is a shocking soap opea of a book. I would NOT recommend this to anyone under thirteen, because it is deemed moderately naughty. Still, pretty darn good.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Darling, My Hamburger.

March 5, 2011 – Shelved