Sofia The Great's Reviews > Getting Schooled

Getting Schooled by Christina C. Jones

5420503

bookshelves: 2016, black-love-african

3 1/2 Platypires Getting Schooled by Christina C. Jones

This was truly a fun read that I really enjoyed. Certain parts had me cracking up. I felt I was reading a story about my friends. I felt a connection with the dialogue between the characters which btw is a tad more slang based but not overt. I felt it made the characters more real.
I liked the dynamic between Reece and Jason. They were just a great couple. The way they pushed each others buttons was just delightful and fun to read.
I only had a few issues with the story. A few scenes were predictable and I did find the ending to be lackluster. While not a bad ending it just didn't end with a bang.
Now all that being said, I can't wait to read more from Christina C. Jones and especially the next book in this series. (This book can be read as a standalone. )

I would recommend this novel for those looking for a quick romance with a few hot sex scenes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Getting Schooled.

Quotes Sofia Liked

Christina C. Jones
“It had been hard as hell for me to read some of those papers and not give the feedback that the student needed to jump off a cliff into a sea of dicks.”

Christina C. Jones
“Have a great weekend was what actually came out of her mouth, but the words may as well have been: Your move, motherfucker. As far as I was concerned? Game on.”

Christina C. Jones
“Joseph scoffed. “People lie all the time. What if this woman is a gold-digger or something?” “That would be great. I need somebody to help me dig, maybe we’ll find some.”

January 23, 2016 – Started Reading