CharlieB's Reviews > The Cattleman

The Cattleman by Anna Jeffrey

did not like it

WTF!!?
I obviously love to torture myself since I kinda knew what was going to happen before I even started this book. Spoilers/Rant were graciously provided by an amazon forum participant who read and shared (She took a BIG one for the team!) what this terrible book had going on....which by the way, WAS NOT A Romance!

All I can say is, Thank god this book was free. I tried to return it but apparently you can't do that when the book is free. So...I deleted it. I have never deleted any book from my kindle or Cloud. My kindle and my books are my babies, but I didn't bat an eyelash when I hit delete on that sucka.

The main male character in this book was weak. He was a coward. He is not even worthy of being the "hero" in this book. This man was in a 2 year relationship with his girlfriend. He didn't know if he loved her. He didn't know if he wanted to marry her or have kids with her. Definitely didn't want to have a conversation with his girlfriend about all of this either. He repeatedly thought about how far the heroine lived away from him and how far he had to drive to visit her.

Then there was the Other woman, who was sent by his mother to basically break up the relationship with the girlfriend. Straight away, he can't take his eyes off of her. He can't 'help' but get hard around her every time he sees her. He thinks she is 'gorgeous' and her boobs are 'beautiful'. Yadda yadda...

Meanwhile, the heroine is starting to become self conscious of her looks and begins to doubt herself. The main male character is so handsome and can get any woman he wants (and has). She talks about her boobs being small and how she's flat chested. (mind you...she's a C cup)
She cuts her past-shoulder length hair to a short hairstyle and then starts to regret it as the male character likes long hair. The other woman was likened to that of Kim Kardashian. The heroine is in self doubt mode. Heroine thinks that because she is jealous of OW, she must not be secure in her relationship.

The scenes with the OW are terrible and even though the male character tells the heroine that 'nothing happens'...he still kisses the OW. He looks at the OW and wants something to happen. He imagines what he could do with her. When he sees the OW naked, he compares her to the heroine.

I did finish this book. I admit to skimming pages. In the end, I wanted the heroine to leave him, get on with her life and never look back. That didn't happen unfortunately.

1 star.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cattleman.

January 22, 2016 – Shelved
Started Reading
January 23, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Varied Books Fantastic review

maggieandteddy Thank you for your sacrifice. My condolences, Great review!

CharlieB Thanks guys....I'm still trying not to get peeved over this disaster of a so-called Romance Book. :)