Mitzi's Reviews > Blue-Eyed Devil

Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas

Mar 04, 2011

bookshelves: writer-lisa-kleypas, heat-3-boiling, genre-romance-contemporary
Read from April 21 to 25, 2011

Blue-Eyed DevilTo be honest…I didn’t start out liking this book. Haven meets the Blue Eyed Devil (Hardy) at her brother’s wedding. They kiss in the wine cellar, but then she elopes and marries her boyfriend Nick. They move away from her family (they don’t approve of the marriage) and then Nick starts to verbally and physically abuse her.

After a year or so….Nick beats her very badly and she leaves him. She then takes a job at her brother’s company, where she is once again the victim of abuse by her supervisor.

Once she meets up with Hardy again and they become involved, the book became a much better read for me. Hardy is big, tough, protective and smitten with her…but not perfect. Haven is very attracted to him…but she has issues to resolve before she can be intimate….and Hardy is so patient and good to her.

I like this quote about Hardy/Haven: “If you were lucky, you might meet someone who was exactly right for you. Not because he was perfect, or because you were, but because your combined flaws were arranged in a way that allowed two separate beings to hinge together.”

Besides their romance, it was great watching Nick and Haven’s supervisor get what they had coming…and although the story is good (it will keep you turning the pages), it’s not the type of book I enjoy reading for pleasure....A little to gut-wrenching for me. 4*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue-Eyed Devil.

SheLove2Read I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!