Jenny's Reviews > Decline

Decline by Michelle Irwin

U 50x66

did not like it

I thought the hero was anything but. Sure, he's on the decline as the title explains. However he's dangerous to himself and others.

He pushes a one night stand so much so she slams against the wall(not in a consensual way but in a violent one) He treats these women with no respect. We even find out he threatened to slit his mother's throat if she brought up Alyssa.

Then? When he finds out the big (read obvious) secret the heroine is hiding? He throws her out of the room. Excuse me?? She tried so hard to contact him. For her trouble he sent her a video of himself in a threesome (or was it foursome, I can't recall) and told her he wanted nothing to do with her.

Is that the actions of somebody you'd want to spend your life with? I'm tired of the alcohol and drug excuse. This goes to the fundamentals of his character. He is selfish sober or drunk.

I think there is a dark message in this, in that people this unhinged can be fixed by somebody else.

Nobody can save this guy, he has to do it himself. Blackmailing him in to therapy isn't the answer either.

Meanwhile, of course the other hot guy in the heroine's life is not her lover. Wouldn't want her to have experience with a normal loving guy now would we? Because otherwise why would she return to this abusive tool.

I don't see strength from the heroine and I don't see wounded from the hero. I see a doormat and a selfish jerk.

If anybody I loved was involved with this guy? I'd stage an intervention.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decline.

Finished Reading