Kim Bishop's Reviews > Deadlocked

Deadlocked by Libby Sinclair

20835511

Deadlocked is a Science Fiction Romance Novella based on a very strong willed, stubborn young woman by the name of Brielle Connors. Brielle works as a security officer for the high profile Cavalier Security Corp. She's dating her boss Haakon, and has a crush on the handsome Tulan Bounty Hunter, Finn. When Brie isn't working her day job, she often stops by to see if she can score a side job with a little more action than her day job provides, like actually hunting down bad guys and not just being a security escort for the wealthy politicians. All is well in Brielle's world until the one day when she sets her sights on the biggest score yet, catching a wanted killer for more money than she has ever been paid in her life! Will Brie survive the hunt for Grafton Neel, her boyfriends wrath, or the sexual tension between her and Finn?!

So Brie is human, and so is her man Haakon. They have been together for a while but have no intentions on making any serious commitments to each other. It sounds like to me the foundation of that relationship was not that strong. So when Finn was introduced as a love interest I was very excited about it! Haakon didn't come across as a very loving or affectionate guy, and Finn was all about the romance of it all. The action in the story was great! I felt like I could have been watching an episode of any of my favorite sci-fi shows! Reading on as Finn and Brie fought to catch the big game first and fall into a whole new kinda mess was very entertaining. The unexpected twist in the story that forever changes Brielle was well played, and I loved the ending! The side characters were great, the foreplay was hot, and the adventure was priceless! This is a must read for any lover of science fiction romance!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadlocked.

January 21, 2016 – Started Reading