Helen Gallagher's Reviews > Your Wildest Dreams, Within Reason

Your Wildest Dreams, Within Reason by Mike Sacks

419418
Mar 04, 2011

Read in February, 2011

Excerpt from my longer review at BlogCritics.org

...
Clearly, there is no danger of Mike Sacks growing up any time soon. He delights in imagining the world much funnier than most of us. His playful approach to reality could fill a thousand pages and still be fresh and funny.

From satire to silly, Your Wildest Dreams, Within Reason might make you think: “I’d be so cool if I was as funny as Mike.” But you’re not, so be satisfied with his rich topical humor and his view of contemporary society, not to mention his creative ideas for sex positions.

We often think writing is difficult, but Sacks doesn’t seem to work too hard at these clever pieces, and apparently doesn’t need much inspiration. The laughs roll off the page, with his distinctive style, even on the pieces co-written with help from his equally funny friends. Sacks and Scott Rothman co-wrote the “Shared Beach House for Rent” Craigslist ad and the hilarious transcription of a guy tweeting his wedding and honeymoon.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your Wildest Dreams, Within Reason.