Kristina's Reviews > Angel Sister

Angel Sister by Ann H. Gabhart

Mar 04, 2011

Kate has always been the strong one. While her older sister primps and her younger sister is oblivious, Kate gets what needs to be done, done. Even as her father sinks deeper and deeper into alcoholism, Kate still does not allow herself to lose hope. One day out of nowhere she sees a little girl on the steps of the church her grandfather pastors. She befriends the child and learns that the angelic Lorena Birdsong has been praying for an angel to come save her. Kate "adopts" her as her little sister and takes her home.

Kate's parents accept the little girl into their home and care for her as if she were their own. Unfortunately though, much of the community does not deem Kate's house as a suitable environment for the little girl and at a town meeting they propose to put Lorena with the pastor's wife's sister who treats her poorly. In the midst of the uproar created by this, the pastor who happens to also be Kate's grandfather, has a stroke.

I truly don't know how to tell you any more of the story without starting to give away spoilers. This book was full of twists and turns that I did not even see coming with an ending that will keep you in suspense to the very last page.

I gave this book five stars and was once again quite impressed by Ms. Gabhart's writing. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Christian Fiction.

Available February 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

I received a copy of Angel Sister from Revell for review purposes. All opinions expressed in this review are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Sister.