Angie's Reviews > Going All the Way

Going All the Way by Cynthia Cooke

This was a good book. When I read the last page (great epilogue!), I realized I didn't always like the hero and heroine, but I still enjoyed the story. For me, liking the main characters can make/break the book. In this case it wasn't so black and white. The only way I can think to explain it is Carrie and Ryan are complex and flawed.

Carrie in particular is more human than the average bubbly or likable romance heroine. In a way I found myself identifying with her and how stress has worn her down physically and emotionally. She's more reserved in the book, but there are these moments where she lets herself go and be in the moment. She finds herself at times turning off her brain when she's with Ryan and giving in to their amazing and immediate chemistry. She lets herself have fun and not think about others when she's with Riley, the dog.

I was still engaged with Ryan, but he was slightly less developed for me to fully understand his hangups. I got the obvious one about his mother's abandonment, but I realized towards the end... didn't he have a fiance or someone else who walked away? I barely remember it and kept thinking that might have been an angle that really drove home his actions and thoughts.

Overall, this is a book that will stay with me and in the end I enjoyed going through their journey and self-discovery. It had a great flow and pacing, interesting characters and an engaging storyline. I am curious if we'll see Ryan's sister, Celeste, or Carrie's two friends in future books?

I received a copy of this book through NetGalley from Entangled Publishing for an honest review.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going All the Way.