Kate (GirlReading)'s Reviews > The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting

The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting by Holly Bourne

liked it

Firstly I have to say I really enjoy the way Holly Bourne writes. Her books are such comfortable reads. They flow brilliantly and read so quickly. I pretty much zoomed through and finished this in one sitting. Holly somehow manages to tackle difficult topics in a way that makes them 'easy' to read.

With that being said, I didn't love this book. I enjoyed it but there's something making it hard for me to work out how I feel about it. I'm conflicted. The whole book gave me a huge 'Mean Girls' movie vibe, it was similar in so many ways that I couldn't stop comparing the two. I found myself struggling to warm to Bree's character which is odd considering we're somewhat similar in things we've dealt with/how we've felt. I just think In the ways that we're not similar, we're such polar opposites I found it hard to connect with her and her actions, especially towards others.

BUT I couldn't stop reading, I was drawn into the book and the lives of these characters despite pretty accurately predicting what would happen. I just don't know how to feel. I enjoyed it, I think, just not as much as I had expected too. I think I possibly put my expectations on this book too high after loving Holly's other book 'Am I Normal Yet?' so much.

I will 100% continue to read whatever Holly Bourne writes because, as I said, I LOVE the way she writes and they way I read her books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Manifesto on How to Be Interesting.

January 21, 2016 – Shelved
January 21, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
June 19, 2016 – Started Reading
June 20, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Sissy's Romance Book Review Great review.

Star Crowned Book Throne Glad to see you enjoyed this one :) I've only read Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne but I can already say that I really enjoy her writing - great review!