Oana D. H.'s Reviews > The Secret to Letting Go

The Secret to Letting Go by Katherine Fleet

19830899

bookshelves: netgalley

''True evil can never be hidden.It's always there,if you know where to look.When i look at you,i see only good things.''

The Secret Of Letting Go was a beautiful story about two young people whose life turned upside down after they both go through two tragedies.Clover Scott's life isn't easy at all and after losing her mother ,she must find the rest of her family ,but who would have thought that the secrets Clover hides are so full of pain and misery,something that she won't forget easily or move on from.And Daniel Hudson's life is full of guilt because of something he couldn't stop ,something he thinks he should have seen-something that maybe he could've stope from happening..But deep down he knows the truth.

But somehow those two find each other..and they learn to forgive and forget..

''We all have our secrets.''His green eyes darkened.''Things we hold inside.Doubts that keep us awake at night.''

This book was full of surprises and it kind of made my head spin a little.Many ups and downs,but i admit that i was curious to know more ..and i really wanted to learn Clover's secrets.She was a mistery,but somehow the way her character appeared in this book made me want to know more about everything and about what could happen next with her life.
I admit that i never expected so many things to happen and i thought that this book will be an easy read..It wasn't.It was full of secrets and painfull memories of something that happened in both ,Clover's and Daniel's,pasts.

I've read each chapter wondering about what could happen next..After all,Clover was an really interesting character-a little bit misterious.but at the same time there was something about her that made me think about a lot of ways things could've happen in her life.And Daniel?I admit that i wanted to shake some sense in him at some point,but he was always right .So,Daniel,you've earned my trust,even if i hated the way he was acting.

''You asked me once if i regretted the day you walked into my store,and i can tell you now,i don't.Not matter what else happens,i'll never regret meeting you.''

It was fun reading this book.Why?Because i love when the books i read have a little mistery and somehow one of the main characters manages to make me want to read everything fast.
What i've liked about this book was the fact that it was written from two characters points of view,Clover and Daniel's.And it gave me the chance to understand more about what was happening,and more about why they both felt guilty about a lot of things.
The way they met and the rollercoster of events that happened from that moment ,where both happy and at the same time sad,because in the end there were too many lies,too much guilt.But in the end not even the lies coud stop what happened.True love could change everything.

“Because even if you buried yourself in guilt, you can't go back and change what happened.”

This story was unique and i don't regret reading it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret to Letting Go.

January 21, 2016 – Shelved
January 21, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 21, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley
January 24, 2016 – Started Reading
February 2, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Katherine Hi, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read by debut book and review it. I really appreciate it:) Thanks again, Katherine

Oana D. H. Katherine wrote: "Hi, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to read by debut book and review it. I really appreciate it:) Thanks again, Katherine"

Hello!It was a pleasure for me to read this book. ^_^