Julie's Reviews > The Widow

The Widow by Fiona Barton

bookshelves: crime, e-book, night-owl-reviews, mystery-shelf, psychological-thriller, suspense

Once I finished this book, I had to let it settle in my mind for a little while. Now that I‘ve had time to reflect on it all, I believe the plot is well written and very crafty. It’s a stinging rebuke, an accurate illustration of society and its underbelly, but is also a clever mystery. The characterizations are so vivid, they are hard to accept at times, and no, you probably won’t care for most of the characters, except perhaps the detectives working the case, although they too have their foibles.

So, in conclusion, I would strongly urge those fans of suspense and psychological thrillers, to approach this book with an open mind, and allow it to stand on its own merits, which it is quite capable of doing without further comparisons.
This review is the copyrighted property of Night Owl Reviews. To read the review in full, click on this link: https://www.nightowlreviews.com/V5/Re...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Widow.

January 21, 2016 – Shelved
January 21, 2016 – Shelved as: psychological-thriller
January 21, 2016 – Shelved as: suspense
January 29, 2016 – Started Reading
February 7, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie I see you gave it 5 stars. I'm looking forward to reading your review, as I myself have the book and need to read it.

message 2: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol You always write an excellent review.

Julie Carol wrote: "You always write an excellent review."

Thank you, Carol!!

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Fab review Julie xx

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Great review Julie! Glad to see that it was a five star for you.
I want to read this one.

Margitte Great review, Julie. I also rated it 5 stars. Really well crafted book.