Melindeeloo's Reviews > Moon Cursed

Moon Cursed by Lori Handeland

Mar 03, 2011

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, favorites, shapeshifters
Read in March, 2011

When the Hoax Busters is canceled, its star and creator Kristin Daniels is determined to turn things around and figures debunking the biggest most famous of hoaxes in the world is just the thing to get her TV show back on the air. So Kristin sets off to Scotland to take on Nessie. In the small town on the famous Loch, she meets a gorgeous mysterious stranger Liam, and stumbles onto evidence of a serial killer - or maybe Nessie's taken a turn to the dark side . Either way, it's not long before our professional skeptic is starting to suspect that maybe this time the truth behind the 'hoax' doesn't involve either tricks or science, but she just may take that secret to the grave --since the killer has Kristin in his (or her) sights.

I loved Moon Cursed. I loved the tormented Liam and the chemistry between Liam and Kristin, who has her own sad past as well. I loved the glimpses of Scotland and bits of myth author Handeland brings to the story - this has always been a trademark of her Nightcreatures books - and I enjoyed knowing that was going to be some real woo woo stuff without knowing whether supernatural element was going to be evil like Handeland's earlier werewolves or something else entirely. Fans of Handeland's earlier books will appreciate an appearance by Edward and a tie-in to the Jager-Suchers, but the story still stands on its own even for those who haven't read any others in the series.

The best part of Moon Cursed though is that the story and the setting give this paranormal romance a really fresh feel. I hope Handeland doesn't stop here - I'd love to see another story set in an exotic locale and there's a whole world of myths just waiting to be explored.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moon Cursed.