Snowtulip's Reviews > The Archer

The Archer by Abigail Roux

Mar 03, 2011

bookshelves: m-m
Recommended to Snowtulip by: Katie

I absolutely loved these six men! This was such a character driven story...they were what kept me going through all the pages. They were a five star read, while the plot was a three star read.

They had me fuming, wanting to inflict bodily harm and laughing(vampires! still makes me chuckle)the whole time I was reading. Normally, their ineptitude at being secret agents, while being touted as the best, would have turned me off the story, but I was so firmly engaged in their interactions.

At about 10% into the book I almost stopped because I didn't feel like the story was moving along and I felt as though I knew more about being a secret agent then these men. As the story moved on, there were definately issues with the pacing of the story. But I continued and was happy to be absorbed into these characters; the frienships and the romance. The romance component was often heartwrenching, but what do you expect after learning about how antisocial their lives have been.

This book isn't for everyone. I think that many will be frustrated at the pacing, the disorganization of these men, the information overload at the end of the book and the ending itself. But if you can just ride along and enjoy the characters, I think you will be pleased. Enjoying a book isn't always about structure, it's often how you feel reading the book. These guys made me feel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Archer.