Anneliz Cintron's Reviews > The Secret to Letting Go

The Secret to Letting Go by Katherine Fleet

** spoiler alert ** I received this eARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you for the opportunity!

The Secret To Letting Go is a book that once you start, you simply can't put down. You're so curious about Clover's, the main character, past. Like, I got this urge to find out what the heck happened to her parents, and when you think you're about to find out she runs away from scene, literally. I'd complain about this, but let's be real, if Fleet told us from the very beginning what happened to sweet Clover's parents we'd put the book down without thinking.

About the main characters:

The book is told in dual POVs, Clover's and Daniel's, so let's talk about these two. Daniel has just graduated high school and is going away to Georgia (if my memory doesn't betray me) on a golf scholarship. To be honest, Dan managed to get on my nerves sometimes, but then he made me happy; I found he was perfect for Clover after a while. *quick note: Don't let yourself get influenced by what others tell you. You are you, amd you don't need to listen anyone if you feel you're doing the right thing.* We learn that Daniel is still not over the death of his now ex girlfriend, Grace (I think...gosh, I suck at names so badly), it takes us a while to find out that she committed suicide. What I really didn't like is that we never get a clear insight as to why she killed herself, and we also never get details on Daniel and Grace's relationship. We just know he's still not completely over her death. I don't blame the guy, when we really love someone we truly never get over losing him/her. I requested this book merely because of the title, at the moemnt I felt like I needed to read something like this and I thought it would center on Daniel letting go of Grace, but I was so wrong. Which brings us to Clover, who's been on the run for over two years. There's a point on thenstory that we realize that when the author was talking about "letting go" on the title, she meant Clover letting go of her parents' deaths. I don't want to spoil you guys the story too much because I really want you to read it so I'll talk about her personality because it's quite necessary. First, I LOVED HER CHARACTER! Even though she's eighteen, she has the personality and energy of an eight year old. I don't mean it in a bad way, it's just that she radiates happiness and all those crazy feelings you get when you're around a cute little kid. Due to her past, she's very oblivious to the present world and seeing (well reading) her thoughts and emotions while she discovers the joys of the present world squeezes your heart inna really good way. Oh, and she has a dog, named Caesar, who adores her. I'm a terrible sucker for pets, so naturally I fell in love with the pup.

So, this book has a lot of great things all mixed up together. If you decide to pick this book up you'll find yourself entangled with a million feelings every time Clover is present in a page. Ah! And it has a very clever, and truly unexpected, plot twist that will have your jaw hitting the floor. I can't stop fangirling over this book! To me, i was a nearly perfect read and it was really needed to improve my mood.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret to Letting Go.

January 20, 2016 – Started Reading
January 20, 2016 – Shelved
January 20, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 20, 2016 –
0.0% "Thank you Netgalley for letting me read this book in exchange for an honest review!"
January 20, 2016 –