JoAnne McMaster (Any Good Book)'s Reviews > The Amish Baking Cookbook: Plainly Delicious Recipes From Oven To Table

The Amish Baking Cookbook by Georgia Varozza

bookshelves: cooking

A lovely book. As far as Amish baking books go, this one has what appear to be authentic recipes, and almost all of them I know I will make.

There are recipes for soft pretzels, assorted breads including lemon, pumpkin, and orange; biscuits, scones, popovers and muffins; doughnuts, rolls and apple dumplings; and cookies, brownies and bars galore. There are also cakes (Apple Caramel Cake, Yum!) and pies, cobblers and crisps. Anyone who loves to bake would be hard-pressed not to find something they'd enjoy making.

And the best part is that everything is from scratch. you won't find any boxes or cans here. There are also recipes that even inexperienced bakers should be able to conquer. Highly recommended.

I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review but this in no way influenced my decision.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Amish Baking Cookbook.

December 15, 2015 – Started Reading