Mei's Reviews > Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures by Laura Lee Guhrke

bookshelves: historical

Thank God for the older HR!!!

I enjoyed very, very much this book and this story!

I was cheering for the heroine like crazy!

She took a bad situation and turned it against the hero, who, in the beginning, was a real ass!

And she didn't change her mind even when the hero started changing! WOW! Talk about the ugly duckling! LOL

The hero, an arrogant man as only a duke can be (as we all know from our deep knowledge of these behaviours ;-) ), is bewildered but such an incredibly daring and irrespectable behaviour!!!

How dare she refuse him? Him??!! A duke???!!! Where the world is going??!!!

And so their little war starts!

It was excellent to see how she thwarted his every attampt to lure, blackmail, barter her to stay and finish her job! She's so, so, so great at that!!!!

Excellent book that everybody who loves HR should read!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guilty Pleasures.

January 20, 2016 – Shelved
January 20, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
December 4, 2017 – Started Reading
December 5, 2017 – Shelved as: historical
December 5, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Lyuda (new)

Lyuda Yes! I remember loving the story as well. Read it before my GR days.

message 2: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Lyuda wrote: "Yes! I remember loving the story as well. Read it before my GR days."

message 3: by Mou (new)

Mou Great review, Mei !!! :)

message 4: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Mou wrote: "Great review, Mei !!! :)
I wanted to read it but the third book of this is literally stopping me. I know I am being foolish but I can;t help myself."

Thanks, Mou! :)
I don't think you need to read all the books in this series! I too don't want to read neither the second nor the third one, but I'm curious about the forth!
Anyhow, this is completly standalone if you want to try! :)

message 5: by Lyuda (new)

Lyuda Mei wrote: "Lyuda wrote: "Yes! I remember loving the story as well. Read it before my GR days."

I had it on my TBR list for aeons and only read it now after two disastrous HR books and thank God it was good! :)"

My favorite of the author is still And Then He Kissed Her. Have you read it? I enjoyed the second and third installments of the Guilty series. Hope you plan to continue with the series.

message 6: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Lyuda wrote: "Mei wrote: "Lyuda wrote: "Yes! I remember loving the story as well. Read it before my GR days."

No, I haven't read And Then He Kissed Her. If it is as good as this one I shall! :)
Regarding the #2 and #3 I don't know if I should read them... I didn't like the hero of the second in this one and I hate cheating husbands as the hero of the third... I thought to try the forth though!

message 7: by Lyuda (new)

Lyuda Mei wrote: "Lyuda wrote: "Mei wrote: "Lyuda wrote: "Yes! I remember loving the story as well. Read it before my GR days."

message 8: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Lyuda wrote: "Well, you probably don't want to read #3 then. I didn't like the forth one but it is probably me not the book as many liked it."

Maybe I should just stop here with this series and go and read And Then He Kissed Her! LOL

message 9: by Lyuda (new)

Lyuda Mei wrote: "Lyuda wrote: "Well, you probably don't want to read #3 then. I didn't like the forth one but it is probably me not the book as many liked it."

Maybe I should just stop here with this series and go..."

:))

Addie H #fangirlingtoo

message 11: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei Addie wrote: "#fangirlingtoo"

Hahaha!!! Good!!! LOL