Kelly's Reviews > Bonded by Blood

Bonded by Blood by Laurie London

Mar 03, 2011

bookshelves: first-in-a-series, paranormal, steamy-reads, secrets-reviewed
Read from June 06 to 08, 2011

This was a great read for me. It started off quickly, and although the action slowed for a bit, Laurie London kept the story moving along and picked up the pace before I could get bored or restless.

Mackenzie was different than most characters I have read. She was interesting in a quirky way and I wanted to get to know more about her. She is conflicted and cautious, especially given her family's tragic history. She is slow to love and hesitant to be loved which creates an intense emotional conflict when she finds herself drawn to Dom. As a reader, I could feel her internal struggle as if I was reading about myself.

I absolutely adored Dom. He was mysterious in the beginning, drawing me in and wanting to know more about him. He is super sexy and protective of Mackenzie, which I always love in a hero. And what hero would be complete without a painful past? Dom's loss only makes him more endearing and lovable.

The story was solid, too. It was well planned and well executed. The story-building was believable and moved at a realistic pace. There wasn't a ton of action, but enough to keep me turning the pages and there certainly were moments when I felt my heart rate pick up. I love the connection that the author builds between the characters, as well. The psychic connection between Mackenzie and Dom is believable and adds intense emotion to the story.

You can read my full review here: http://secretsofabooklover.blogspot.c...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonded by Blood.

06/07/2011