B.A. Wilson's Reviews > The Glittering Court

The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead

24206425

bookshelves: ya, fantasy

I liked this a lot. I think I just get Richelle Mead, and I'm willing to go on any journey she'll take me on. I did not predict this story working out the way it did, but I actually think that's what I liked about it the most. It would hit a crossroads and shoot off in a new direction that interested and fascinated me.

I am super-stoked to hear that the next 2 books in this series will be from the other 2 girls' perspectives, as I think, for the most part, Adelaide's story has been wrapped up to my satisfaction, and I am most interested in what happens to those two now, which is perfect.

The only one negative I will mention is that this is definitely NOT a fantasy novel. I didn't realize that's how it's being sold/advertised (so it's good that I went in blind), but I get how some people going in with that expectation could come out upset.

HOWEVER, I also see how this book could be a bit difficult to categorize according to today's genres, so while it occurs in a very made up world, just be aware there is NO MAGIC OF ANY KIND, therefore it is NOT A FANTASY novel. Now that you're prepared, you should be fine. Just sit back and enjoy the wild journey this book will take you on.

Pages: 416

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Glittering Court.

January 19, 2016 – Shelved
January 19, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
May 3, 2016 – Started Reading
May 3, 2016 –
20.0% "I'm enjoying this so far. It's fun."
May 5, 2016 –
80.0% "I was almost to the end, when the library stole back the audiobook. Again. Epic sigh."
May 5, 2016 – Finished Reading
May 10, 2016 – Shelved as: ya
February 26, 2017 – Shelved as: fantasy

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Juliana (new) - added it

Juliana I heard that a lot, about people not knowing it wasn't fantasy and then complaining that it wasn't as well specified as it should have been. I confess when I first saw the cover and blurb, and the author of course, I thought it was another fantasy ... I only found out it's not a fantasy from other reviews ...

B.A. Wilson I still really enjoyed it, but I also found Soundless to be interesting, and apparently people hated that. I say give it a try and be open to the journey.