Carrie's Reviews > The Progeny

The Progeny by Tosca Lee

bookshelves: netgalley

Emily Jacobs is recovering from a procedure where she chose to have her memory wiped. She remembers small details but can't remember her own name, her family or most of her life before she woke. She's had a caretaker for the last couple of weeks but now it's time for her to be on her own. Before parting her caretaker leaves her a letter that Emily had written to herself telling her not to look into her past and that it would be dangerous.

Of course the past has a way of catching up to us even when not looking. Emily soon finds that she is being hunted. Learning that she is a descendant of a serial killer and what is known as a progeny she has certain powers. This knowledge and being hunted sends Emily embarking on a journey to find out the truth of who she is and who she can trust.

The Progeny is a high speed action packed adventure across multiple countries as the main character tries to learn who she was and how to stop those that are after her and the other descendants. There was never a dull moment in the story once the adventure takes off.

This is one of those reads that half the time I want to yell at the characters to do this or that and the other half I'm rooting them on as they go. It drags you into the whole plot and wanting to know just what it is/was that would make someone go to the extremes of needing to forget who they were and what it is that the character knew she needed to hide from her hunters. Definitely one that kept the pages turning as the action unfolded all throughout.

Overall, great start to a new series with a bit of a cliffhanger ending to lead the reader into the next book.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.wordpress....

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Progeny.

January 19, 2016 – Shelved
January 19, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
January 19, 2016 – Shelved as: netgalley
May 14, 2016 – Started Reading
May 16, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Andrea I just finished it...OMG that ending. I listened to it because of your wonderful review- so thanks :) I can't wait for the next book!

Carrie Glad you enjoyed it!