Ami's Reviews > Bayou Dreams

Mar 02, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: mm-fantasy-pnr-futuristic-scifi, mm-shifters
Read from March 03 to 04, 2011

Some books just suffer from the length, either too short or a tad too long. This one falls in the later category. The beginning and middle part of this book are actually very interesting. It's a rather comical situation, you know, when a straight werewolf finds out that his mate is a guy. Usually, in some of other shapeshifter stories, this fact will be completely ignored for the sake of "Mate" concept. But in this one, Scott is having a hard time to accept that "I'm not gay, but my mate is".

Until the last few chapters when Ted returns to New Orleans after the ceremony that supposedly breaks up their attraction. This one part is already weird: Suddenly Ted is attacked by some goons of a client, because he's a werewolf and he doesn't want Ted to tell anyone, however, he also thinks Ted does his job well and the client actually has given him money ... The other part is, Ted's return somehow making the sparks and chemistry between him and Scott slightly disappears.

And the whole Ted cannot commit to Scott because he has a life in New Orleans, AFTER they actually consumated their love is another point that seems to be dragged on just to make this story fits "novel" category.

I think if it is trimmed down few chapters, it will be better. Still, I give it 3.5 stars because I do like the story up till the middle part.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bayou Dreams.

03/02/2011