Jacqueline's Reads's Reviews > A Shade of Blood

A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest

4197769

4 stars because of Ben

A Shade of Blood is the second book in the A Shade of Vampire series. This continues Sofia’s and Derek’s story. This also continues Sofia’s and Ben’s story. It wouldn’t be a true YA paranormal romance without a love triangle right?

Derek lets Sofia go and we are all wondering what’s going to happen next? I completely understand why Sofia wanted to leave, even though she had strong feelings for Derek, but I am not happy about it. I have no love for Ben because of the way he treated her on her birthday, but Ben is different now, he’s jaded, guarded and wants to move forward and towards Sofia.

Ben’s feelings for Sofia kind of comes to a surprise to me because I had no idea he felt that way, maybe he didn’t see it until Derek showed interested in Sofia, but in my mind it’s a little too late. Sofia struggles in her world and she wants to live a normal life, but she can’t stop thinking about Derek.

I had a hard time with this one because I couldn’t connect with Ben and there’s a HUGE chunk of the book where Derek and Sofia do not interact. I guess you can say this is a Ben’s book and if you are a fan of Ben, you will be pretty happy with it.

Back in the Shade Derek loses his light, Sofia and he slowly turns dark. This I enjoyed reading a lot because I love a dark hero. He goes way into the deep end and you kind of wonder if there is any redemption for him, because at some parts it’s pretty dicey, but addictive to read. The best part is the last 40% where everything is heightened and all the crazy stuff happens.

Because of the last part of the book, I can’t wait for the next one.

READ on Kindle Unlimied

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Shade of Blood.

January 16, 2016 – Started Reading
January 17, 2016 – Finished Reading
January 19, 2016 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Sophie "Beware Of The Reader" You're on a Bella Forrest binge ;)

message 2: by Kj (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kj Loved your review. I am currently about 1/3 into this on and I'm not a Ben fan either. The chemistry she has with Derek is much more intriguing and I hate books that keep the main couple apart. I am excited to see Derek and Sophia reunited. Great job!