JBP's Reviews > The Ones Who Hit the Hardest: The Steelers, the Cowboys, the '70s, and the Fight for America's Soul

The Ones Who Hit the Hardest by Chad Millman

M 50x66

bookshelves: read-in-2011

Your appreciation might be greater if you happen to root for the Pittsburgh Steelers--I do and have since the 1970s. I actually started rooting for them at a young age because they were beating the Dallas Cowboys in the Super Bowl in that decade and that's pretty much what this book covers--the glory decade for the Steelers that saw them win four NFL titles. The book also is kind of love letter to the hard-working, blue-collar union, steel worker that populated Pittsburgh at the time. There's lots of union and steel mill given play in this book and I liked that too. There are a lesser amount of chapters that cover the Dallas Cowboys, "America's Team" and the different ways the teams were built and how their attitudes, style of play and home cities were completely opposites. I made the right decision as a child when I went with the "Black and Gold!" I wish it would have had more stories, more details and just more on these teams.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ones Who Hit the Hardest.

Started Reading