Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms) 's Reviews > First Kisses and Other Misfortunes

First Kisses and Other Misfortunes by Kimberly Karalius

bookshelves: 2016-tbr-challenge, cover-love, cute, funny, 2016-diverse, diversity

P.S. While it’s listed as book #3 in Goodreads, it seems more as book #1.5 for me. It can even be read as a prequel if you don’t mind slight spoilers and want to have a “feel” as to what this series is really about! You have nothing to lose, plus it’s FREE!

Boricuan Bookworms- Book Reviews

I thought this was a short but sweet read. Nico & Martin are a really complicated couple, so I loved that this story was told in both POVs.

It’s such a sweet story about these two boys trying to be comfortable with who they really are and accepting each other. When we first start the book, we aren’t even entirely sure if Martin even likes boys, so seeing him trying to understand his feelings towards Nico was very sweet. From the first book in this series, we already know Nico likes Martin, but here we get to see him evaluate if he likes him for who he is, or for the image he had in his head.

I thought each boy individually was absolutely wonderful, so seeing them slowly fall for each other was so cute! No joke, I ship them SO HARD. I was rooting for them to get together because I could see how much they actually liked each other and I was ready to lock them in a room together so they COULD FINALLY GET TOGETHER.

Overall, this was such a cute read. There’s even a bit a drama thrown in to make the book all the more exciting, which I loved. I wish I could’ve read more! I’m so glad this was a free read on Amazon. It totally helped me in the wait for book two in the series.

My Amazon Review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Kisses and Other Misfortunes.

January 18, 2016 – Shelved