Ashley's Reviews > The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass

The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set by Cassandra Clare

Mar 02, 2011

bookshelves: books-i-own

I never thought I would find another book or series where I would fall completely in love with the characters after Twilight. The search is over – The Mortal Instruments is the new Twilight. After reading this series, you can’t help but feel like you personally know each and every character. The trials and tribulations each character goes through make you hunger for more and never want it to come to an end. You are constantly left in suspense of what the outcome will be of each adventure that Jace, Clary, Simon and the Lightwoods have taken on.

This series constantly gives you the feeling that you know what to expect next, and then it completely surprises you. Jace and Clary are on a continuous search for who they really are and are unsure of whom they want to be. The only thing they really know is that they love each other, and nothing will come in between their love, not even a secret more painful than either of them could ever imagine.

You will find yourself rooting for Jace and Clary throughout every book!! Each character is so courageous, loving and has a will-do attitude. No matter what challenge is brought before them, they will find a way to conquer it. This series has everything you could ask for; love, hate, death, action, adventure, despair and let’s not forget, an evil villain.

Cassandra did a great job including every paranormal character you dream of! Each book is better than the last and I absolutely cannot wait for the next editions Cassandra will bring to the table. I highly recommend this series to everyone that loves PNR/UF, whether you are a Twilight fan or not.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set.

Angela I love this series sooo much!! glad you liked it like I did, cant wait for the next one!

Ashley I know me too! I pre-ordered mine on B&N.com. Idk if you know, but on B&N you get the sealed letter from Jace to Clary! I am so excited to read the next. I havent read Clockwork yet, I am about to.