Sarah Maas's Reviews > Shadow and Bone

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

Recommended for: EVERYONE.

I don't think words can properly describe how much I adored SHADOW & BONE. The characters, the world-building...it completely blew me away. There were moments when I was so stunned by the beauty and the brilliance that I had to stop reading. I never wanted this book to end.

This is the best YA fantasy novel I've read since SABRIEL or THE GOLDEN COMPASS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow and Bone.

Finished Reading
March 1, 2011 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

Light-Chan It sounds good
I really want to read it and i've read your book throne of glass

Armina I LOVE throne of glass it was amazing I can't wait for the next one to come out

Paola Valerio you are amazing i need more chaol

Mindy Pajor I was already considering reading this, but now that YOU say how amazing it is I simply have to! I can't wait for Heir of Fire and I hope to see you at Anderson's Bookshop on 9/7! So looking forward to it! And you love Sabriel, too?! I hope you're as excited for Clariel as I am!

Elvia Sarah thank you, i really liked this book.you are amazing.your books are addicting. I'm already aching for next Ailin adventure!

Valentina Wow. my favourite author like my other favourite author. Wow. Wow. Wow. No words.

message 7: by Priyanka (last edited Sep 02, 2016 11:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Priyanka I know this is really late and you probably won't see this but I absolutely loved throne of glass and am currently reading assassin's blade so I can read 1-5 in order because throne of glass was good enough to read again and again. PS I have to meet you :)

message 8: by Fiona (new) - added it

Fiona S AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! oh my Gods, by the cauldron, by the saints, my one of my favorite authors loves the work of another one of my favorite authors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm fangirling so hard rn

Sreya when sarah tells me to read a book, i'm definitely going to pick it up haha

message 10: by Kat ♡ (new) - added it

Kat ♡ I'm dropping all my current reads just to read this

Wera Ciem (OpenBook) soo I will read it

Andreanne This comment made me wanna read this trilogy and I'm SO HAPPY I did! Thank you Sarah! You're my Queen! <3

Lemoona&#x1f339; Then I will certainly read it.

Andrea Panganiban Really? The backdrop and setting is really creative and such a unique story but i do have to say that your novels are 10x better in terms of plot line’s complexity and excitement and character depth and growth.

message 15: by Lara (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lara Smith I agree with Andrea, this book felt so shallow compared to your series Sarah

message 16: by Lea (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lea Kane I just finished Kingdom of Ash. I miss Aelin so much already. I'll give this read a chance because you recommended it.

message 17: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen I was reading this comment and got to " so stunned by the beauty and brillanve that i had to stop reading.. " and thought, i should tell this person that is how court of thorns and roses is for me right now... then noticed commenter lol.

message 18: by Omair (new)

Omair I literally read all your books at least five times and I'm twelve. I'm in love with the throne of glass

message 19: by Masuma (new)

Masuma This was a good book but.. i cant help but think this comment was a little bit sarcastic. There was so much missing from the book and the story, i was really dissappinted, i kept think what a shame sarah isnt the one writing the story. It would have been much better.

Peace Brekker It’s so odd to me how two people can read the same thing but still perceive it so differently

message 21: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill To be honest, just from the summary it sounded like the Red Queen by victoria Aveyard