Skye (HailHydra)'s Reviews > The Night Circus

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Jan 18, 2016

bookshelves: favourites, 2016

This book was amazing!!!
The whole idea of it is just wonderful, but having a good idea and writing a good book are often not the same thing.
Erin Morgenstern has written a flawless novel about a very intriguing world. A world with a mysterious circus that contains very real magic disguised as party tricks. I could not put down this novel until I reached the very last page, and I am forever indebted to my friend for her insistent nagging that I read her favourite novel.
Absolutely marvelous.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Circus.

Quotes Skye (HailHydra) Liked

Erin Morgenstern
“The finest of pleasures are always the unexpected ones.”

Erin Morgenstern
“You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul, becomes their blood and self and purpose. That tale will move them and drive them and who knows that they might do because of it, because of your words. That is your role, your gift.”

Erin Morgenstern
“I do not mourn the loss of my sister because she will always be with me, in my heart," she says. "I am, however, rather annoyed that my Tara has left me to suffer you lot alone. I do not see as well without her. I do not hear as well without her. I do not feel as well without her. I would be better off without a hand or a leg than without my sister. Then at least she would be here to mock my appearance and claim to be the pretty one for a change. We have all lost our Tara, but I have lost a part of myself as well.”

Erin Morgenstern
“People see what they wish to see. And in most cases, what they are told that they see.”

Erin Morgenstern
“The flames are visible in the gaps between and rising slightly above. They are obscured only at the bottom, so it is impossible to tell what is burning, if it is wood or coal or something else entirely.
The flames are not yellow or orange, but white as snow as they dance.”

Erin Morgenstern
“Dreams have a way of turning into nightmares.”

Erin Morgenstern
“The step through the gates that takes you from painted ground to bare grass feels heavy.
You think, as you walk away from Le Cirque des Reves and into the creeping dawn, that you felt more awake within the confines of the circus.
You are no longer quite certain which side of the fence is the dream.”

January 18, 2016 – Started Reading
January 18, 2016 – Shelved
January 18, 2016 –
page 12
2.39% "This book is really weird."
January 19, 2016 –
page 67
13.35% "I LOVE THIS BOOK"
January 20, 2016 –