Daniela's Reviews > Chasing The Night

Chasing The Night by Iris Johansen

Mar 01, 2011

liked it
Read from March 01 to 08, 2011

So, I've read all the books in this series and some are a little weird. This one isn't but it's pretty much the same story.
Considering Eve Duncan gets sucked into these adventures through a sense of responsibility... that's always a little far fetched. Makes friends too fast...goes places she shouldn't be going...pulls her Joe guy with her because he always feels responsible for her... The worst line in the book -and totally out of character for bleeding heart Eve Duncan- is when she tells a 14 year old girl (Kelly, one of the characters in the book) that she would break all her bones if she messed up the current forensic reconstruction Eve is working on... well actually Kelly is working on, because she has this master brain for "patterns" and puzzles and figures out the reconstruction in record time... so Eve's reaction is even more rediculous. WTF (and I don't swear)?
It's an OK read though otherwise and tries on the big 9/11 theme and the main characters trying to save the world... will they succeed? See for yourself...
Despite everything I wrote above I think this is the biggest and best of this series. So read it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing The Night.