Cathy's Reviews > Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl: Six Sessions on Living the Faith After Bible Class Is Over

Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst

F 50x66

liked it
bookshelves: bible-study, calling, christianity, relationships, struggle, women-s-bible-study
Read 2 times

I preferred the Unglued book and study that Lysa Terkeurst wrote in that it was more entertaining and the stories funnier. But important issues are not always entertaining and this women's Bible study had good concepts in it, too. I suppose that the floating mattress was funny. I think this book would be particularly appropriate for new Christians wondering how to apply what they read to their lives. Well, that can be challenging for all of us, at times. I told my kids her story about how she became a Christian. I liked her "unlikely lessons from a pineapple," in which she explains that reading the Bible isn't as hard as people fear, or as hard as we sometimes make it. All of her "Walk with God" section was good, and I liked the way she ended the book, with the romance of loving Jesus. The sections "When God Hurts My Feelings," and "What Do I Do When I Don't Feel God?" can be important, too. I also liked the discussion on 2 Cor. 4:17-18 "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal"
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl.

Finished Reading
Finished Reading (Other Paperback Edition)
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: bible-reading (Other Paperback Edition)
January 17, 2016 – Shelved (Other Paperback Edition)
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: bible-study (Other Paperback Edition)
January 17, 2016 – Shelved
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: bible-study
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: calling
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: christian-living (Other Paperback Edition)
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: christianity (Other Paperback Edition)
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: christianity
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: faith (Other Paperback Edition)
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: prayer (Other Paperback Edition)
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: relationships (Other Paperback Edition)
January 17, 2016 – Shelved as: relationships
January 18, 2016 – Shelved as: spiritual-develo... (Other Paperback Edition)
January 18, 2016 – Shelved as: struggle
January 18, 2016 – Shelved as: struggles (Other Paperback Edition)
January 18, 2016 – Shelved as: thought-life (Other Paperback Edition)
January 18, 2016 – Shelved as: women-s-bible-study