Patricia's Reviews > The Wise Man's Fear

The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

2782036
Mar 01, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, favorite, 2011-lists, favorites

Storytelling at it's finest.

I was lucky enough to discover The Name of the Wind, the first book in this series, only a couple of months ago so my wait for this book was short and sweet. Unfortunately, I now have to wait for the third book in the trilogy and I don't know if I have enough patience for that! I'm hoping that readers will not pass this trilogy up because it is fantasy. I don't normally read fantasy books but I picked up a Kindle copy of The Name of the Wind based solely on a twitter blurb and the number of 4 & 5-star reviews it garnered on Amazon and Goodreads. I had no idea what genre the book was or what it was about. I was blown away by the story. I am also not one to pick up a book I've already read, but I look forward to reading both The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear again just before the third book comes out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wise Man's Fear.

Quotes Patricia Liked

Patrick Rothfuss
“It had flaws, but what does that matter when it comes to matters of the heart? We love what we love. Reason does not enter into it. In many ways, unwise love is the truest love. Anyone can love a thing because. That's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket. But to love something despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect.”
Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

March 1, 2011 – Shelved
March 9, 2011 –
page 330
33.2% "It's driving me crazy that I've been so busy with no time to read! Fantastic so far!"
March 11, 2011 –