Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧'s Reviews > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

bookshelves: awesomesauce, favourite, love-this-so-much, childrens, fantasy, feel-good, magical-writing, own, pure-genius, too-many-feels, young-adult
Read 2 times. Last read January 17, 2016 to January 19, 2016.

"I’m not blamin' yeh!" said Hagrid {…} "but I gotta tell yeh, I thought you two'd value yer friend more'n broomsticks or rats. Tha's all."
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite book in the Harry Potter series. The first time I read it I gave it a ten out of ten; that hasn't changed. I still love everything about this book.

This time I listened to the audiobook read by Stephen Fry. The audiobook was 11 hours and 42 minutes of genius. It was a wonderful experience! Stephen Fry brings the characters to life amazingly. I enjoyed every second!

I can't pinpoint the exact reason Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite. It just is. I LOVE IT. <3
My Review of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
1st read in August 2014
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/5 (10/10)
‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban’ is a novel full of turning points and surprises. Rowling has done it again! This novel is WOW. There is not a sufficient amount of adjectives to describe how this novel makes me feel and how it is to read this novel.
The novel is in one aspect very different from the previous novels: the difficulty with understanding the novel and figuring the characters out. The plot has more layers and is more twisted than what it seems on the surface.
(view spoiler)
Rowling makes me believe in this world. She makes me root for the characters. When I open the novel, I am always happy to return to the Harry Potter universe and leave the Earth, that I know, behind. I grow with the characters and with the experiences they share. I learn from their mistakes. And I am excited when they are. Hogwarts feels surreal yet so real to me. It is a dream I never want to wake up from.
(view spoiler)
‘‘You think the dead we have loved ever truly leave us? You think that we don’t recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble? Your father is alive in you, Harry, and shows himself most plainly when you have need of him.’’ - Dumbledore, p.312

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Finished Reading
January 17, 2016 – Started Reading
January 17, 2016 – Shelved
January 17, 2016 –
page 60
January 18, 2016 –
page 183
42.07% "I'm listening to the audiobook, read by Stephen Fry. I've listened to five hours so far. It's an amazing experience!"
January 18, 2016 –
page 285
January 19, 2016 –
page 350
80.46% "Moony and Padfoot hug! Yas.<3"
January 19, 2016 –
page 370
85.06% ""Padfoot, old friend." - Moony"
January 19, 2016 – Finished Reading
January 20, 2016 – Shelved as: own
January 20, 2016 – Shelved as: pure-genius
January 20, 2016 – Shelved as: too-many-feels
January 20, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Fabian {Councillor} (last edited Jan 20, 2016 11:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fabian {Councillor} I'm currently reading and really enjoying it. Great to know that this one is your favorite novel of the entire series! :)

(I'm sorry for having liked it three times now, my internet is spinning around. :/)

Sonja ✧ Badass Wanderer ✧ Councillor wrote: "I'm currently reading and really enjoying it. Great to know that this one is your favorite novel of the entire series! :)

(I'm sorry for having liked it three times now, my internet is spinning ar..."

I'm really glad you're enjoying it! Happy reading!