Tressa (Wishful Endings)'s Reviews > Fear My Mortality

Fear My Mortality by Everly Frost

bookshelves: 2016-apr, 2016, ya-dystopian, ya-scifi, series

Check out my tour stop here!

FEAR MY MORTALITY started with a unique and engaging premise and stayed there, with a story that holds the reader's interest from beginning to end. Full of action, intrigue, heartbreak, a little romance, and desperation this futuristic story had it all. If you enjoy reading in the dystopian or scifi genre, definitely pick this one up!

I began this book late at night and thought I'd just read a few chapters before bed so that I would have a head-start in getting it finished the next day. I never put it down. I literally ate up the pages as fast as I could. It was engaging and I not only felt immersed in the story, I also really grew to love these characters and cheered them on as they faced challenge after challenge just striving to survive and not be at the hands of scientists who would use them.

The author did a fabulous job in allowing the reader to know these characters, to feel what they felt, and to drive emotion into the story. Everything also made perfect sense with the scifi elements and for me, that's a big deal. So many times I read a story and it comes across as unrealistic, but this story was not that way at all. There was no info dumping. I learned along with the characters and as they lived their lives. It worked, these characters came alive, and the plot was propelled forward in this twisted fight of mortality versus immortality and the fear of war.

I'm so glad this is a series because I'm not quite ready to let go of these characters. I can't wait for book two!

Content: Some violence, but clean.
Source: I received a complimentary copy through a tour host for the purposes of a virtual tour, which did not affect my review in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear My Mortality.

January 16, 2016 – Shelved